Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The best Cooky of 1935-1940

I have to share this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.  There is something about it, that the cookies always come out perfect.  I have made my share of cookies that come out flat to the pan, and I have tinkered with the ingredients without success. 
However, Betty Crocker seems to get it right!

This book was passed to me from my Mom.

  It is funny how Betty Crocker's recipes have changed from book to book.  However, I still love this recipe, even though it only yields about 3 dozen cookies.
Original print of the recipe!

Chocolate Chip Cookies:

2/3 cup shortening (part butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (opt.)
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
Mix shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla thoroughly.  Measure flour by dipping method or by sifting. (*note:  For a softer rounded cookie, add 1/4 cup more flour.)  Stir dry ingredients together; blend in.  Mix in nuts and chocolate chips.
We are nut-free cookie fans!

Bake 8 - 10 minutes.

Until lightly Golden!  Yum, Warm cookies!

My kids tell me "YUM!" when I bake these simple cookies, 
and that is all thanks I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment