Thursday, January 2, 2014

365 days of Home Cooked Meals....

It's official, yesterday I began my 365 day challenge of eating home cooked meals. (However, with my kids running wild, I am thinking Chuck E. Cheese sounds really good right now.)

I thought up this challenge as I was thinking of New Year's Resolutions.  I wanted to find something that was going to benefit my entire family and not just me.  Whenever we look to the checkbook to see where all the money has gone, it has generally gone to "Eating Out!"  So, I am hoping this will help with the budget, also allow my kids to enjoy different foods, and get the entire family eating healthy.  

I will say, I am not a cook by any means, baking is my thing, but with Betty Crocker, All Recipes, and Pinterest at my side, I am sure to dish out a few edible meals.

So, I sat down with my recipe box, and a crock pot cookbook and set up meals for the month of January.  You will see as I got to the end of the month, the meals got easier, and I even set up a day to go out to eat.  Hey, I will deserve a night off by the 23rd of the month!  


This isn't set in stone, but for the first month a good plan to follow!




Day One:  Baked Potato Soup with Indian Flat Bread

I got the Soup Recipe from Pinterest and followed the recipe in the link below:

http://erinrach.blogspot.com/2011/09/crockpot-baked-potato-soup.html?m=1

The Indian Flat Bread came from Costco.  The kids love it!  And it's so easy.

I get these in the refrigerated section of Costco.

I heat in a dry pan, I keep turning till hot.

My Girls chose not to eat the soup.  My 5 year old son, loved it, and my husband said the recipe was a keeper!

Day Two:  Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, glazed carrots.

I can't promise any of my meals will be gourmet, but I can guarantee they will be home cooked!  

No comments:

Post a Comment