Thursday, January 30, 2014

So, as all of you know, I was trying to shoot for 365 days of eating at home.  I happily made a calendar for the month of January, did some pretty heavy duty shopping to make sure I had ingredients for all of my meals, and got off on a pretty good start.

A lot of the meals were fantastic and blog worthy, however, time just doesn't allow me to sit down very often in front of the computer, and when it does, I don't always have a quiet moment to compose my thoughts.

So, for those who are wondering, did I make it through my calendar of meals, I can honestly say, "NO!" I did however make 14 of the 31 meals.  I see that as an accomplishment.  I mean, with as busy as our family is, that was a pretty good effort to get everyone to the dinner table.

I have learned that I can't control everything, even making dinner.  I really thought telling the world that I am going to do this (365 days of meals) made me accountable for following through.  But I guess I am perfect being imperfect.  Tonight? We are ordering pizza!

And because I let go and said Chicken a la king can wait, I am sitting down writing.

I am not perfect, but I am honest with myself.  Do I fail at things? Most definitely! Imperfections make us unique.

I wouldn't want to be anyone else. Who do you want to be?



No comments:

Post a Comment