Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Family of 5 Having Fun!

Although I am a stay at home mom, I treasure the weekends with my family.  I feel that I can really concentrate on having fun.  On occasion of course my obsessive compulsive side says, "I must clean!" but even if I do, there is ALWAYS time to play!

We like to have fun as a family and free events are sometimes the best events out there.

The DuPage County Safety Fair held in September was one of the best events I have attended, and it was FREE!  As a family, we had the opportunity to tour the DuPage County Jail, watch a helicopter land and view it up close, view and climb into many rescue vehicles, military vehicles, and buses.  We also, had the chance to receive many free items that taught us about safety.

The girls favorite freebie was the Teddy Bears offered from Central DuPage Hospital.  Each Bear had a Boo-boo and got a bandage before they got to come home with their new family.






















Our son was excited that he could try on the Fireman's Gear and tour the inside of the truck.  
He could have stayed on the truck all day!























We spent over 4 hours at this event and not one child complained of being hungry or tired!  This was a #1 family event and would definitely do it again and recommend it to anyone who loves family fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment