Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Good Day!

by Jennifer McCarte

Me, the kids and Great-Grandma on her 89th Birthday!

















Today was a good day because I woke up with a smile
I shared it with all, because that is my style, 
It was a good day because the kids didn't fight 
Over what was served for breakfast, they just said, "Alright!"
They got ready for school with more time to spare,
My son picked out candy for his sisters to share.
Today was a good day, a lot of laughter was had, 
Everyone behaved, and no one was bad?
It was a good day because I didn't hear myself yelling, 
There was NO screaming and no tattle-telling?
Today was a good day, I would say just fine, 
We celebrated a birthday, my Grandma's 89. 
It was a good day because we had pizza and cake, 
I didn't cook dinner, nor did I bake.
Today was a good day because I started it right, 
With hugs in the morning and hugs in the night.
A smile on my face from dusk until dawn,
And with a smile like that, where would your day go wrong?





No comments:

Post a Comment