Monday, March 12, 2012

“Mommy, will you play cars with me?”

By Jennifer McCarte
Written for my Favorite Little Boy


“Good morning mommy, can we go downstairs to play?”
Sure my son, what should we do today?

Would you like to be a dragon?   One who breathes fire?
How about a circus performer on the high wire?
Should we put on makeup and you could be a clown?
Or dance round in circles until we fall down?
Should we hunt for a treasure? Pirates we’ll be?

 “Mommy, will you play cars with me?”

Do you want to build a tent and pretend there are bears?
Make-believe we are climbing a mountain of stairs?
Run outside in the rain with our umbrellas up high?
Or fly a kite way up in the sky?
Should we watch the trains? Conductors we’ll be?

“Mommy, will you play cars with me?”

Should we pretend we’re at the beach, in the sand we can play?
Do you want to paint pictures with our fingers today?
We could go to the park and swing in the sun?
Or slide down the slides, now that would be fun?
Should we build with blocks? Construction workers we’ll be?

“Mommy, will you play cars with me?”

What do you want to do?
“Mommy, Guess.”
You want to play cars?
“Mommy, YES!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment