Wednesday, August 10, 2011

No I haven't given up...I am just catching up!

The funny thing with kids is, although you make plans they don't always go the way you planned.  I have learned to not push too much on the kids, otherwise they get tired or worse yet...Crabby!  Believe it or not my kids are quite happy relaxing once in a while. 
My son fell asleep mid-sentence!
We are still counting down the days until school starts (14) but I am doing it a little different.  I am using today to catch up and fill you in on our past few days, since I am a few days behind!

I had plans to relax on Sunday after church, but instead we had a girl's day with a Bridal shower to attend.  We had a nice time although we were late.  I just couldn't decide on a gift!  So we went a little out of the ordinary and picked out a nice large basket and filled it with the following:  Pizza pan, pizza cutter, pizza making kit, spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce, ladle for spaghetti noodles, and Parmesan cheese.  We also included a kitchen towel, whisk, cake mix, frosting and brownie mix.  You can never have too much dessert!  I hope it was a hit!
This is my quick shot of the gift sitting on my front seat before we brought it inside.

On Monday, I had it in my head that I would clean the basement, which meant mostly organizing my husbands tools.  We have, for a full year now, been trying to finish it after we flooded, so decluttering was high on my list.  I just figure it may be more inviting to work down there if there isn't such a mess.  Do you agree?

Tuesday, again I had the cleaning bug.  When I generally only clean our 2 bathrooms, I found it more like a ripple effect that kept pushing me to do just one more thing.  It helped that our son wanted to clean too!  He did toilets, and all the glass tables and doors.  He even mopped the bathroom floor and the living room.
My son cleaning!

Tuesday afternoon we had our last night of Irish dance until the Fall.  It is always fun to attend the last class to see the progress the kids have made from day one.  Looking forward to a new year of the girls dancing and performing together.  I think it will create a nice bond between them.
My 2 girls with one of their Trinity Instructors!

With 3 kids no 2 days are the same, and we do get tired, but love to do so much!  Although I plan our days ahead, we never know where the day will take us.  Behavior plays a big role on our daily activities, not to mention my attitude too, but my favorite thing is being fortunate to stay home with my 3 kids so we can share our daily adventures together!  Keep following me as we venture off to our Local Farmer's Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment